Sunday, July 8, 2012

Oil Allergy + Moringa


So, I've developed an allergy to my oil mix. Boohoo.
I haven't used my oil mix in a long while, but when I used it religiously, I didn't have anything to worry about, but suddenly, my scalp went "rabid" after I used it 2 days ago. It was totally crazy! x_X Especially because I didn't use more than a 20p coin size of the oil mix (and yet, my hair felt sorta grasy/oily? which was...weird)
Some people may think that it might just be something else, not an allergy, but I did my research when I got so confused and worried and that's when I got to the conclusion that it was an allergy. Also, yeah, I had been using it before without any problems, but that's just like how someone could be having a glass or so of milk daily for like 50 years then suddenly become lactose intolerant.

Anyways, so I've been planning on using some of the bottle of moringa powder my dad got. Here's what I did. I got some moringa powder into a cup, added a little hot water to it then mixed it up into a paste. I then worked it into my hair and scalp (I thought it might absorb the oil). I tried rinsing it out, but the water went out at our house so I just donned on a plastic bag and slept with it in my hair. The next morning, the water was still out, but my mum had arranged for enough water to shower. I tried using that to rinse my hair out too, but it ran out before all was washed out. I just combed my hair out, held it up and went out with it like that because I had to be out of the house before 8am. So, it wasn't really visible that I had stuff (bits of the moringa powder) in my hair because I've become an expert at hiding things like that in my hair (esp. after the incident with the banana DC). Anyways, when I got home at around 8pm, the water was back so, before I went to bed, I washed out the rest of the moringa and OH.MY.DAYS! did my hair feel good! I know I've been having amazing naked hair for the past few weeks, but my hair even felt better (and still does). The moringa actually conditioned my hair, absorbed all the oil and stopped the allergy.

Who knows, I might start using moringa religiously :)
~SammyWithTheBigHair


p.s I'll leave you with these few facts about the moringa leaf:

1 comment:

  1. It’s good to hear how moringa did wonders to your scalp problem. It’s already proven that this herb brings a lot of health benefits. It has been proven to have seven times the vitamin C in oranges, four times the Calcium in milk, fourtimes the vitamin A in carrots, and many more. Thanks for sharing!

    Hope Wallace

    ReplyDelete