Monday, February 11, 2013

My Protective Styling Challenge - Week 2


Hey everyone,

So, I guess this just lasted for 2 weeks for me. I'm going to try keeping my braids in that long from now on (or longer if possible). Truth is, midweek of my second week, I just didn't really care anymore so I let my hair frizz and do whatever it wanted to. Anyways, here's my week:

  • I co-washed on Wednesday and Friday using the BeeMine BeeLovely Conditioner and Tresemme Naturals (silicone-free) Conditoner.
  • After co-washing, I tied a scarf down on my hair till I need to head out for school.
  • On Friday, I took down the braids and twists (entirely) and deep conditioned with Tresemme Naturals conditioner, BeeMine conditioner and Moisturiser. I kinda wish I had DCed with palm oil instead, but this was a last minute thing and I was tired so I just grabbed a handful of the Tresemme, worked it into my hair, donned on a shower cap (because I couldn't be bothered to tie a plastic bag on). Tied a couple of scarves of that to secure it in place and lock in heat and I slept.
  • On Saturday, I washed out my hair with the Tresemme Naturals Silicone-Free Conditioner then some BeeMine Botanicals Shampoo (sulfate free) then condition with the BeeMine BeeLovely Conditioner.
  • After washing, I got a tiny but of WonderCurl 'Butter than love pudding' onto my hair. Mum was calling me. I totally forgot to moisturise and do all the other stuff I do after a wash and my hair was mad at me for that.
  • I braided my hair in two to stretch it.
  • Unfortunately, I had to head out of the house before my hair was dry and OH. MY. DAYS. THE. SHRINKAGE. AND. TANGLES! My hair did look good, though. :) And I think I've figured out a wash and go hairstyle.
  • Sunday night, I braided my hair in 8 cornrows and I'm keeping them in till Thursday 'cause I have to take my hair down for some event.
Next week, Sunday, I'll make more braids, smaller ones and try keeping them in for 2 weeks or more.
I believe this will help me retain more length and grow my hair out.

~Sam

p.s I'm considering doing crotchet braids sometime later this year. Maybe during the winter or fall (most probably winter). I'll just get my aunt to flat braid my hair for me then I'll try to do the rest or I'll get some friends together and we'll do it together. I just need to get crotchet needles (for the braids) for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment